Morey Family History
JOHN MOREY, m. 10 Dec 1719 at Harting, Sussex, ROSE, bapt 17 Jan 1693/94 at Compton, Sussex, dau of JOHN MARDEN and his wife ROSE and had issue:
- John, bapt 1726 at Harting.
- JOHN, of whom presently.
- Rose, bapt 5 May 1724 at Harting.
- Ann, bapt 29 Mar 1728 at Harting.
- Mary, bapt 12 Jun 1733 at Harting.
- Hannah, bapt 20 Jun 1736 at Harting.
- Elizabeth, bapt 14 Apr 1738 at Harting.
JOHN MOREY, butcher, of Portsmouth Common, Portsea, Hampshire, bapt 2 Apr 1731 at Harting, m. 13 Dec 1762 at Harting, ELIZABETH, bapt 31 Dec 1739 at Harting, dau of RALPH EARLE, mason, of South Harting (Chichester will dated 30 Aug 1766 and proved 1 Aug 1767) and his wife MARY (née DICKENSON), who m. 19 Jun 1729 at St. Martin, Chichester. He d. 1792 (P.C.C. will dated 14 Feb 1785 and proved 22 Mar 1792) having had issue:
- JOHN, of whom presently.
- Richard Marden, of North Marden, Sussex and later of Portchester, Hampshire, Churchwarden of North Marden 1809-12, bapt 3 May 1778 at St. Mary’s, Portsea, Hampshire, m. 6 Jun 1806 at North Marden, Maria Roberts of Stoughton. He d. 1827 (P.C.C. will dated 16 Feb 1825 and proved 10 Aug 1827) and she d. Feb 1848 (Hampshire will dated 25 Jan 1848) at Fareham, aged 59, having had issue:
- Richard, bapt 1808 at North Marden.
- William Friend, bapt 14 Jan 1813 at North Marden.
- John, bapt 5 Jan 1819 at North Marden.
- James White, bapt 24 Nov 1823 at Portchester, d. 1901 in London.
- Maria, bapt 18 Jul 1809 at North Marden.
- Matilda, bapt 2 Oct 1812 at North Marden.
- Mary Caroline, bapt 6 Oct 1814 at North Marden.
- Agnes, bapt 31 Dec 1816 at North Marden.
- Elizabeth Friend, bapt 14 May 1820 at North Marden, unmarried in 1848.
- Rose White, bapt 7 Aug 1826 at Portchester, unmarried in 1848.
- Elizabeth, m. 24 Apr 1788 at St. Mary’s, Portsea, William Friend, butcher, of Purbrook, Portsea and had issue.
- Rose, bapt 23 May 1773 at St. Mary’s, Portsea, m. 11 Jun 1793 at St. Mary’s, Portsea, James White, grocer, of Pauls Grove, Portsea.
JOHN MOREY, butcher, of Portsea and later licensee of the Spread Eagle at Midhurst, Sussex in 1805, bapt 2 Feb 1766 at St. Mary’s, Portsea, m. 1stly 26 May 1793 at Buriton, Hampshire, Sarah, dau of Samuel Andrews, yeoman, of Buriton. He m. 2ndly 3 Dec 1798 at Linch, Sussex, CATHERINE, bapt 11 Jul 1777 at Bepton, Sussex, dau of JOHN TURNER and his wife MARTHA (née BETTESWORTH), who m. 5 Jan 1774 at Bepton. They had issue:
- Martha Turner, bapt 12 Nov 1799 at Bepton.
- Elizabeth, b. 1 Sep 1801, bapt 18 May 1803 at North Marden.
- KATE, of whom presently.
KATE MOREY, b. 8 Nov 1802 at North Marden, bapt 18 May 1803 at North Marden, m. 2 Dec 1823 at Easebourne, Sussex, ROBERT WEALE, Assistant Commissioner of Poor Laws, of 145 Goldington Road, Bedford and later of The Elms, London Road, Biggleswade, Bedforshire, son of JAMES WEALE and his wife BARBARA (née BULL). See Weale Family History. She d. 7 Jan 1864 and he d. 18 Feb 1883 and they were both buried at Biggleswade having had issue: 3 sons and 2 daus.